The data controller for Metropolitan Tutors is James Smoker, 22 Manor Way, North Harrow, HA2 6BY.
The lawful basis for processing your data at the enquiry stage is the legitimate interest of Metropolitan Tutors to assist with your enquiry, but further processing is dependent upon your consent, except where processing is required to fulfil Metropolitan Tutors legal obligations, or where official authorities have made formal requests, or where disclosure is in the vital interests of data subjects.
We will store and process the following data about you:
- Your name
- Your address (and address where tuition will take place, if different)
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- Your child’s name
- Your child’s age
- Your child’s school
- Details concerning your tuition requirements
- Information about your child’s academic situation which will help Metropolitan Tutors to source an appropriate Tutor
- Details of any medical conditions or special educational needs that will help Metropolitan Tutors to source an appropriate tutor
Your data could be stored:
- on a laptop
- on a mobile phone
- in a notepad
- in a cloud storage system which is GDPR compliant
- on a tablet
- on an external hard drive
In each of the above instances, Metropolitan Tutors will take reasonable steps to protect your data from being lost or from unauthorised access or use.
Upon your consent to the full terms and conditions, full data will be emailed or texted to selected Tutors who have agreed to the Opportunity Of Work based on an anonymised basic profile of your situation. Tutors are offered guidance regarding data storage, but as they are self-employed they will have their own data storage practices.
You are entitled to request a copy of all data stored about you at any time. You also have the right to request that any inaccurate information is corrected. Furthermore, you have the right to request that your data is deleted, except where doing so would infringe upon our legal obligations of record keeping.
We will store your full data:
- for one month if no Tutors accept the Opportunity Of Work
- for one year after the Acceptance of an Opportunity of Work by any Tutor (whether it results in lessons or not)
- for one year after the last Tuition session you have with any Tutor
- if Metropolitan Tutors invoices you on behalf of the Tutor, these records will be retained for five years after the January following the end of the tax year in which these invoices were issued.
We will store your name and your child’s name for five years after the January following the end of the tax year in which the last Tuition session took place for tax record-keeping purposes.
Your data will be processed in the following ways:
- to comply with record-keeping legislation
- to comply with our HMRC tax records obligations
- your data will be supplied by either email or text message to selected Tutors who have agreed to an interview or have agreed to the Opportunity of Work
- your postcode and an anonymised description of your circumstances might be supplied to selected tutors to see whether they would be interested the Opportunity of Work
- we will occasionally contact you for feedback about the Tutor and how Tuition sessions are going
Consent and your data:
You have the right to withdraw consent for any of these processing purposes at any time, although some of these consents are required to provide our core service.
If you feel you have reason to complain about the way Metropolitan Tutors has collected or processed your data, you can complain to the ICO at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ .
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
Metropolitan Tutors is the trading name of the partnership of James Smoker and Camilla Smoker. Registered address: 22 Manor Way, Harrow, HA2 6BY
Phone: 020 8950 5074